I will start with a brief introduction of the University of Technology Sydney (UTS), and a description of the close collaborations between UTS and BUPT, including:
· Study Abroad and Master Programs for undergraduates
· Dual PhD Degree program for postgraduates
· Joint research collaborations
A summary of our current research in the areas of network and cybersecurity will also be presented.
I will then present the art of Writing for Journal Publication. We will start with a discussion on the purpose of publishing, and then dig into the essential aspects of technical writing, including,
· how to organise your work into publications
· where to start with your writing,
· the basic structure of a good paper, and
· what to write in each component of a journal paper.
· I will also discuss technical writing style,
· differentiate between good and bad papers, and
· share some tips on what to do and what to avoid in technical writing.
Finally, I will share some practical journal paper submission, revision, and publishing experiences.
Ren Ping Liu is a Professor and Head of Discipline of Network and Cybersecurity in the School of Electrical and Data Engineering at University of Technology Sydney. He was also the co-founder and CTO of Ultimo Digital Technologies, developing IoT and Blockchain. Prior to that he was a Principal Scientist and Research Leader at CSIRO, where he led wireless networking research activities. Professor Liu was the winner of Australian Engineering Innovation Award and CSIRO Chairman’s medal. He specialises in protocol design and modelling and has delivered networking solutions to a number of government agencies and industry customers. His research interests include 5G, VANET, IoT, cybersecurity, and Blockchain. He has over 200 research publications and has supervised over 30 PhD students.
Professor Liu was the founding chair of IEEE NSW VTS Chapter and a Senior Member of IEEE. He served as Technical Program Committee chairs, Organising Committee chairs, and delivered keynote speeches in a number of IEEE Conferences and industry forums.